Montana State Parks & Recreation Board
The Montana State Parks & Recreation Board sets policies and provides direction for the management, protection, conservation and preservation for Montana’s state parks and associated recreational resources.
Meeting Dates & Agendas
Next Board Meeting
- Tuesday, October 16, 2018
- Pictograph Cave State Park
- 3401 Coburn Rd
- Billings, MT 59101
- Live audio stream will be available on stateparks.mt.gov the day of the meeting.
- Live audio stream not available for this meeting.
June 22, 2018 Agenda (pdf)
Times are approximate and best estimate only.
8:30 a.m. Fort Owen State Park Friends Group
9:00 a.m. Work Session
- Parks Classification System
10:30 a.m. Call to Order
- Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance
- Approval of February 20, 2018 Meeting Minutes
- Approval of Board Expenses
- Board Member Reports
- Director’s Report
- Administrator Report
11:00 a.m. Action Items
- Resolution in Support of the Recovering America’s Wildlife Act – Endorsement Cover Sheet
11:15 a.m. Informational
- State of the State Parks Division Cover Sheet
11:45 a.m. Lunch - Contractor Recognition of Flag Plaza at Travelers’ Rest State Park
12:30 p.m. Informational continued
- Legislative Audit Committee Performance Audit Cover Sheet
- Outdoor Recreation Program Updates Cover Sheet
- Flathead Access Recreation Group Cover Sheet
- Capital Program Update Cover Sheet
- Montana State Park Foundation Update Cover Sheet
- Milltown Celebration Cover Sheet
3:30 p.m. Public Comment - For issues not on this agenda / Adjourn
4:00 p.m. Fort Owen State Park Tour
6:00 p.m. Dinner - Lolo Peak Brewing Company
Note: The Board may take action on all matters specifically noted on this agenda.
Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks ensures its meetings are fully accessible to persons with disabilities. If special accommodations are needed, please contact the Parks Division at (406) 444-3750.
- Pat Doyle
- Marketing and Communications Manager
- Montana State Parks
- (406) 444-3818
- (406) 422-9809 c
About the Board
The Montana State Parks & Recreation Board is a citizen-led board appointed by the governor that consists of five members, one member from each district in the state. Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks’ Director, Martha Williams, serves as secretary to the board.
To find out more about the board, see the Montana State Parks & Recreation Board information sheet (200 KB)
District 1 (Northwest)
Angie Grove, Helena (Chair)
Angie Grove has 28 years with the Montana Legislative Audit Division, working specifically with the State Parks Division.
District 2 (Southwest)
Jeff Welch, Livingston
Jeff Welch is the president and founder of MERCURYcsc in Bozeman.
Mary Sheehy Moe
District 3 (North Central)
Mary Sheehy Moe, Great Falls
Mary Sheehy Moe had a distinctive career in education, most recently serving as the Deputy Commissioner for Two-Year Education for the Montana University System, and served as a State Legislator.
District 4 (North East)
Betty Stone, Glasgow
- 406-228-8173 h
- 406-263-8213 c
Betty Stone has been the manager at the Cottonwood Inn for 28 years and a co-owner since 2004. She also serves as past chair and director of Two Rivers Economic Growth, development director of Missouri River Country and is on the Montana Lodging and Hospitality Association Board.
District 5 (South East)
Scott Brown, Billings
- (406) 248-7257
Scott Brown is the owner of The Base Camp in Helena and Billings and is an avid outdoor enthusiast.