Montana State Parks & Recreation Board
The Montana State Parks & Recreation Board sets policies and provides direction for the management, protection, conservation and preservation for Montana’s 54 state parks and associated recreational resources.
Meeting Dates & Agendas
Next Board Meeting
- The August 16, 2017 meeting has been cancelled and will be rescheduled at a later time.
- Date and Location TBD.
- Wednesday, August 16, 2017
- FWP Headquarters, 2300 Lake Elmo Drive
- Billings, MT 59105
- Live stream will be available on our website the day of the meeting.
- Live stream not available for this meeting.
August 16, 2017
- 9:00 a.m. Work Session – Parks Funding and Budget Update
- 11:30 p.m. LUNCH
Board Meeting Agenda
- 12:15 p.m. Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance
- 12:20 p.m.. Administrative Items:
- Approval of July 6, 2017 Meeting Minutes
- Approval of July 6, 2017 Board Expenses
- Board Member Reports
- Director's Report/Staff Report
- 1:00 p.m. Public Comment for items not on agenda
- 1:30 p.m. Travelers’ Rest SP Acquisition Update – Proposed (Tom Reilly) Cover Sheet
- 1:45 p.m. Parks/Enforcement Discussion – Informational (Tom Reilly/Dave Loewen) Cover Sheet
- 2:45 p.m. BREAK
- 3:00 p.m. Hell Creek SP Update – Informational (Tom Reilly) Cover Sheet
- 3:45 p.m. FWP Draft Forest Management Plan – Proposed (Jason Parke) Cover Sheet
- 4:00 p.m. Adjourn
- Note: The Board may take action on all matters specifically noted on this agenda. Times may vary as much as one hour – earlier or later.
- The Department ensures its meetings are fully accessible to persons with disabilities. If special accommodations are needed, contact the Parks Division at (406) 444-3750.
- Pat Doyle
- Marketing and Communications Manager
- Montana State Parks
- (406) 444-3818
- (406) 422-9809 c
About the Board
The Montana State Parks & Recreation Board is a citizen-led board appointed by the governor that consists of five members, one member from each district in the state. Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks’ Director, Martha Williams, serves as secretary to the board.
To find out more about the board, see the Montana State Parks & Recreation Board information sheet (200 KB)
District 1 (Northwest)
Angie Grove, Helena (Chair)
Grove has 28 years with the Montana Legislative Audit Division, working specifically with the State Parks Division.
Jeff Welch, Livingston
Welch is the president and founder of MERCURYcsc in Bozeman.
Mary Sheehy Moe, Great Falls
Sheehy Moe had a distinctive career in education, most recently serving as the Deputy Commissioner for Two-Year Education for the Montana University System, and served as a State Legislator.
Betty Stone, Glasgow
- 406-228-8173 h
- 406-263-8213 c
Stone has been the manager at the Cottonwood Inn for 28 years and a co-owner since 2004. She also serves as past chair and director of Two Rivers Economic Growth, development director of Missouri River Country and is on the Montana Lodging and Hospitality Association Board.
Scott Brown, Billings
- (406) 248-7337
Brown is the owner of The Base Camp in Helena and Billings and is an avid outdoor enthusiast.