Montana State Parks & Recreation Board
The Montana State Parks & Recreation Board sets policies and provides direction for the management, protection, conservation and preservation for Montana’s state parks and associated recreational resources.
Meeting Dates & Agendas
- Wednesday, December 19, 2018
- FWP Headquarters
- 1420 E 6th Ave.
- Helena, MT 59601
- Live audio stream will be available on the day of the meeting.
- Live audio stream not available for this meeting.
October 15, 2018
6:00 P.M. - Evening Get Together with Parks and Recreation Board and Staff
- Last Chance Pub and Cider Mill, 2203 Montana Ave, Billings, MT 59101
December 19, 2018 Agenda (pdf)
Times are approximate and best estimate only.
8:30 a.m. Fort Owen State Park Friends Group
9:00 a.m. Work Session
- Parks Classification System
8:30 a.m. Work Session
- Legislative Ethics and Training
9:30 a.m. Call to Order
- Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance
- Approval of October Board Minutes
- Approval of Board Expenses
- Board Member Reports
- Director’s Report
- Administrator Report
- Recognition of Vice-Chair Welch
10:15 a.m. Action Items
- 2019 Board Meeting Dates - Final
- East Gallatin (Affiliated Land) 50-Year Management Agreement - Final
- Land Transfer Policy Revisions - Final
- Smith River State Park Biennial Fee Rule Extension - Final
- Revised Classification Policy - Proposed
- Montana Trails Coalition Proposed Legislation – Informational
- Parks in Focus Recommendations - Endorsement
- Milltown State Park and Bonner Development Group Property Donation - Final
12:05 a.m. Public Comment — For Issues Not On This Agenda — Adjournment
Note: The Board may take action on all matters specifically noted on this agenda.
Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks ensures its meetings are fully accessible to persons with disabilities. If special accommodations are needed, please contact the Parks Division at (406) 444-3750.
- Pat Doyle
- Marketing and Communications Manager
- Montana State Parks
- (406) 444-3818
- (406) 422-9809 c
About the Board
The Montana State Parks & Recreation Board is a citizen-led board appointed by the governor that consists of five members, one member from each district in the state. Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks’ Director, Martha Williams, serves as secretary to the board.
To find out more about the board, see the Montana State Parks & Recreation Board information sheet (200 KB)
District 1 (Northwest)
Angie Grove, Helena (Chair)
Angie Grove has 28 years with the Montana Legislative Audit Division, working specifically with the State Parks Division.
District 2 (Southwest)
Jeff Welch, Livingston
Jeff Welch is the president and founder of MERCURYcsc in Bozeman.
Mary Sheehy Moe
District 3 (North Central)
Mary Sheehy Moe, Great Falls
Mary Sheehy Moe had a distinctive career in education, most recently serving as the Deputy Commissioner for Two-Year Education for the Montana University System, and served as a State Legislator.
District 4 (North East)
Betty Stone, Glasgow
- 406-228-8173 h
- 406-263-8213 c
Betty Stone has been the manager at the Cottonwood Inn for 28 years and a co-owner since 2004. She also serves as past chair and director of Two Rivers Economic Growth, development director of Missouri River Country and is on the Montana Lodging and Hospitality Association Board.
District 5 (South East)
Scott Brown, Billings
- (406) 248-7257
Scott Brown is the owner of The Base Camp in Helena and Billings and is an avid outdoor enthusiast.