Montana State Parks & Recreation Board
The Montana State Parks & Recreation Board sets policies and provides direction for the management, protection, conservation and preservation for Montana’s state parks and associated recreational resources.
Meeting Dates & Agendas
Next Board Meeting
- Wednesday, April 18, 2018
- Lewis and Clark Caverns State Park
- Whitehall, MT 59759
- Live audio stream will be available on our website the day of the meeting.
- Live audio stream not available for this meeting.
February 20, 2018 Agenda (PDF)
Times are approximate and best estimate only.
10:00 a.m. Call to Order
- Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance
- Approval of October 24, 2017 Meeting Minutes
- Approval of Board Expenses
- Board Member Reports
- Director’s Report
- Administrator Report
10:45 a.m. Action Items
- 2020/21 Parks’ Budget Priorities and Zero-Based Budget Update – Final (Dustin Temple) Cover Sheet
- Forest Management Plan – Final (Jason Parke) Cover Sheet
- Land Exchange to Increase Lake Frontage at Lake Mary Ronan State Park – Endorsement (Dave Landstrom) Cover Sheet
- Explore Landowner Relationship/Public Access Opportunities at Fort Owen State Park – Endorsement (Chet Crowser) Cover Sheet
11:40 a.m. Lunch and Tour of Travelers’ Rest State Park
12:45 p.m. Informational
- Update from Montana State Parks Foundation (Angie Grove)
- Parks in Focus/Strategic Plan Update (Ben Alexander / Deb Love)
- 2017 Volunteer of the Year (Ken Soderberg) Cover Sheet
- Heritage Resources Strategic Plan Update (Sara Scott) Cover Sheet
- Holt Property Update (Chet Crowser) Cover Sheet
- Milltown State Park and Bonner Development Group Property Update (Chet Crowser) Cover Sheet
2:35 p.m. Public Comment - For issues not on this agenda / Adjourn
3:00 – 5:00 p.m. Field Trip to Fort Owen State Park
Note: The Board may take action on all matters specifically noted on this agenda.
The Department ensures its meetings are fully accessible to persons with disabilities. If special accommodations are needed, contact the Parks Division at (406) 444-3750.
- Pat Doyle
- Marketing and Communications Manager
- Montana State Parks
- (406) 444-3818
- (406) 422-9809 c
About the Board
The Montana State Parks & Recreation Board is a citizen-led board appointed by the governor that consists of five members, one member from each district in the state. Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks’ Director, Martha Williams, serves as secretary to the board.
To find out more about the board, see the Montana State Parks & Recreation Board information sheet (200 KB)
District 1 (Northwest)
Angie Grove, Helena (Chair)
Angie Grove has 28 years with the Montana Legislative Audit Division, working specifically with the State Parks Division.
District 2 (Southwest)
Jeff Welch, Livingston
Jeff Welch is the president and founder of MERCURYcsc in Bozeman.
Mary Sheehy Moe
District 3 (North Central)
Mary Sheehy Moe, Great Falls
Mary Sheehy Moe had a distinctive career in education, most recently serving as the Deputy Commissioner for Two-Year Education for the Montana University System, and served as a State Legislator.
District 4 (North East)
Betty Stone, Glasgow
- 406-228-8173 h
- 406-263-8213 c
Betty Stone has been the manager at the Cottonwood Inn for 28 years and a co-owner since 2004. She also serves as past chair and director of Two Rivers Economic Growth, development director of Missouri River Country and is on the Montana Lodging and Hospitality Association Board.
District 5 (South East)
Scott Brown, Billings
- (406) 248-7257
Scott Brown is the owner of The Base Camp in Helena and Billings and is an avid outdoor enthusiast.