Montana State Parks & Recreation Board
The Montana State Parks & Recreation Board sets policies and provides direction for the management, protection, conservation and preservation of Montana’s state parks and recreational resources.
To make a comment please join the webinar by phone, by calling:
- +1 646 558 8656
- Webinar ID: 961 0628 8865
- Password: 382740
- If you wish to make a comment to the Board, please dial *9 on your phone to raise your hand.
- You will be notified when your phone has been unmuted and it is your time to speak.
- Please state your name, city you are from, and the organization you are representing.
May 11, 2020 Agenda (pdf)
9:00 A.M. - Call to Order
- Board Member Reports
- Administrator Report
9:30 A.M. - Action Item
- Somers Beach Acquisition Proposal
- Public Comment for issues not on this agenda
Note: The Board may take action on all matters specifically noted on this agenda.
Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks ensures its meetings are fully accessible to persons with disabilities. If special accommodations are needed, please contact the Parks Division at (406) 444-3750.
Meeting Dates & Agendas
- January 13 – Teleconference
- March 10 – Bozeman HQ
- May 11 – Teleconference
- September 2-3 – Kalispell HQ
- December 9 – Helena HQ
Next Board Meeting
- September 2-3, 2020 – Kalispell
- Live stream will be available on the day of the meeting.
- Live audio stream not available for this meeting.
- Pat Doyle
- Marketing and Communications Manager
- Montana State Parks
- (406) 444-3818
- (406) 422-9809 c
About the Board
The Montana State Parks & Recreation Board is a citizen-led board appointed by the governor that consists of five members, one member from each district in the state. Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks’ Director, Martha Williams, serves as secretary to the board.
To find out more about the board, see the Montana State Parks & Recreation Board information sheet (200 KB)
District 1 (Northwest)
Angie Grove, Helena (Chair)
Angie Grove has 28 years with the Montana Legislative Audit Division, working specifically with the State Parks Division.
District 2 (Southwest)
Erica Lighthiser, Livingston
Erica Lighthiser is the Director of Programs for the Park County Environmental Council and the Co-Director of Montana Mountain Mamas.
District 3 (North Central)
Mary Moe, Great Falls (Vice-Chair)
Mary Moe had a distinctive career in education, most recently serving as the Deputy Commissioner for Two-Year Education for the Montana University System, and served as a State Legislator.
District 4 (North East)
Betty Stone, Glasgow
- 406-228-8173 h
- 406-263-8213 c
Betty Stone has been the manager at the Cottonwood Inn for 28 years and a co-owner since 2004. She also serves as past chair and director of Two Rivers Economic Growth, development director of Missouri River Country and is on the Montana Lodging and Hospitality Association Board.
District 5 (South East)
Scott Brown, Billings
- (406) 248-7257
Scott Brown is the owner of The Base Camp in Helena and Billings and is an avid outdoor enthusiast.