Montana State Parks & Recreation Board
The Montana State Parks & Recreation Board sets policies and provides direction for the management, protection, conservation and preservation for Montana’s state parks and associated recreational resources.
Meeting Dates & Agendas
Next Board Meeting
- Wednesday, December 19, 2018
- FWP Headquarters
- 1420 E 6th Ave.
- Helena, MT 59601
- Live audio stream will be available on the day of the meeting.
- Live audio stream not available for this meeting.
October 15, 2018
6:00 P.M. - Evening Get Together with Parks and Recreation Board and Staff
- Last Chance Pub and Cider Mill, 2203 Montana Ave, Billings, MT 59101
October 16, 2018 Agenda (pdf)
Times are approximate and best estimate only.
8:30 a.m. Fort Owen State Park Friends Group
9:00 a.m. Work Session
- Parks Classification System
9:00 a.m. Call to Order
- Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance
- Approval of June 22, 2018 Meeting Minutes
- Approval of Board Expenses
- 2019 Meeting Dates
- Board Member Reports
- Director’s Report
- Administrator Report
9:30 a.m. Action Items
- Fee Analysis Resolution – Endorsement
- Smith River State Park Biennial Fee Rule Extension - Proposed
- Policy for Accepting and Recognizing Gifts, Donations, Corporate Partnerships and Sponsorships - Proposed
- East Gallatin (Affiliated Land) 50-Year Management Agreement – Proposed
- Land Transfer Policy Revisions – Proposed
11:00 a.m. Informational
11:30 a.m. Public Comment - For issues not on this agenda
- Potential Funding Strategies
- Montana Trails Coalition Legislative Priorities
12:00 p.m. Adjournment
Note: The Board may take action on all matters specifically noted on this agenda.
Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks ensures its meetings are fully accessible to persons with disabilities. If special accommodations are needed, please contact the Parks Division at (406) 444-3750.
- Pat Doyle
- Marketing and Communications Manager
- Montana State Parks
- (406) 444-3818
- (406) 422-9809 c
About the Board
The Montana State Parks & Recreation Board is a citizen-led board appointed by the governor that consists of five members, one member from each district in the state. Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks’ Director, Martha Williams, serves as secretary to the board.
To find out more about the board, see the Montana State Parks & Recreation Board information sheet (200 KB)
District 1 (Northwest)
Angie Grove, Helena (Chair)
Angie Grove has 28 years with the Montana Legislative Audit Division, working specifically with the State Parks Division.
District 2 (Southwest)
Jeff Welch, Livingston
Jeff Welch is the president and founder of MERCURYcsc in Bozeman.
Mary Sheehy Moe
District 3 (North Central)
Mary Sheehy Moe, Great Falls
Mary Sheehy Moe had a distinctive career in education, most recently serving as the Deputy Commissioner for Two-Year Education for the Montana University System, and served as a State Legislator.
District 4 (North East)
Betty Stone, Glasgow
- 406-228-8173 h
- 406-263-8213 c
Betty Stone has been the manager at the Cottonwood Inn for 28 years and a co-owner since 2004. She also serves as past chair and director of Two Rivers Economic Growth, development director of Missouri River Country and is on the Montana Lodging and Hospitality Association Board.
District 5 (South East)
Scott Brown, Billings
- (406) 248-7257
Scott Brown is the owner of The Base Camp in Helena and Billings and is an avid outdoor enthusiast.