Montana State Parks & Recreation Board
The Montana State Parks & Recreation Board sets policies and provides direction for the management, protection, conservation and preservation of Montana’s state parks and recreational resources.
Meeting Dates & Agendas
- January 13 – Teleconference
- March 10 – Bozeman HQ
- TBD (May 6-7 meeting has been postponed to a later date.)
- September 2-3 – Kalispell HQ
- December 9 – Helena HQ
Next Board Meeting
- Live stream will be available on the day of the meeting.
- Live audio stream not available for this meeting.
March 9, 2020 - Informal Dinner for Board members and FWP staff
- 6:00 P.M.
- Midtown Tavern, 726 N. 7th Ave, Bozeman, MT
March 10, 2020 Agenda (pdf)
9:00 A.M. - Call to Order
- Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance
- Approval of Board Minutes
- Approval of Board Expenses
- Board Member Reports
- Administrator Report
9:45 A.M. - Informational Items
- Office of Outdoor Recreation Update
- Planning Program Updates
- 2018-2019 State Agency Biennial Report on Cultural Resources (SB 3)
- Outdoor Recreation Program Update
11:35 A.M. - Action Items
- Flathead Lake State Park – Big Arm Permanent Easement Acquisition
- Agency Budget Priorities - Final
- Capital Program Update - Final
12:55 P.M. - Public Comment for issues not on this agenda - Adjournment
1:00 - Lunch
1:30 P.M. - Depart for Missouri Headwaters State Park tour
2:30 P.M. - Tour Missouri Headwaters State Park
Note: The Board may take action on all matters specifically noted on this agenda.
Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks ensures its meetings are fully accessible to persons with disabilities. If special accommodations are needed, please contact the Parks Division at (406) 444-3750.
- Pat Doyle
- Marketing and Communications Manager
- Montana State Parks
- (406) 444-3818
- (406) 422-9809 c
About the Board
The Montana State Parks & Recreation Board is a citizen-led board appointed by the governor that consists of five members, one member from each district in the state. Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks’ Director, Martha Williams, serves as secretary to the board.
To find out more about the board, see the Montana State Parks & Recreation Board information sheet (200 KB)
District 1 (Northwest)
Angie Grove, Helena (Chair)
Angie Grove has 28 years with the Montana Legislative Audit Division, working specifically with the State Parks Division.
District 2 (Southwest)
Erica Lighthiser, Livingston
Erica Lighthiser is the Director of Programs for the Park County Environmental Council and the Co-Director of Montana Mountain Mamas.
Mary Sheehy Moe
District 3 (North Central)
Mary Sheehy Moe, Great Falls (Vice-Chair)
Mary Sheehy Moe had a distinctive career in education, most recently serving as the Deputy Commissioner for Two-Year Education for the Montana University System, and served as a State Legislator.
District 4 (North East)
Betty Stone, Glasgow
- 406-228-8173 h
- 406-263-8213 c
Betty Stone has been the manager at the Cottonwood Inn for 28 years and a co-owner since 2004. She also serves as past chair and director of Two Rivers Economic Growth, development director of Missouri River Country and is on the Montana Lodging and Hospitality Association Board.
District 5 (South East)
Scott Brown, Billings
- (406) 248-7257
Scott Brown is the owner of The Base Camp in Helena and Billings and is an avid outdoor enthusiast.