Montana State Parks & Recreation Board
The Montana State Parks & Recreation Board sets policies and provides direction for the management, protection, conservation and preservation for Montana’s 54 state parks and associated recreational resources.
Meeting Dates & Agendas
Next Board Meeting
- Tour - Wednesday, February 15, 2017
- Thursday, April 20, 2017
- Butte, MT 59701
February 16, 2017 Meeting Agenda
- 9:00 a.m. Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance
- 9:05 a.m. Administrative Items:
- Approval of December 14, 2016 Meeting Minutes
- Approval of December 14, 2016 Board Expenses
- Board Member Reports
- Director's Report/Staff Report
- 9:45 a.m. Parks Funding/Budgets - Informational (Dustin Temple)
- 10:05 a.m. Legislative Update - Informational (Melissa Baker)
- 10:20 a.m. Naming Update - Informational (Melissa Baker) Cover Sheet
- 10:35 a.m. BREAK
- 10:45 a.m. Parks Board Policy - Final (Tom Reilly) Cover Sheet
- 11:05 a.m. Capital Projects over $5,000 - Final (Tom Reilly) Cover Sheet
- 11:15 a.m. Hell Creek State Park Capital Project - Final (Tom Reilly) Cover Sheet
- 11:35 a.m. Ackley Lake State Park Transition Team - Informational – Proposal (John Taillie) Cover Sheet
- 11:45 a.m. BREAK FOR LUNCH
- 12:15 p.m. Public Comment for items not on this agenda
- 12:35 p.m. Ackley Lake Lease - Final (Melissa Baker) Cover Sheet
- 12:55 p.m. Heritage Resources Strategic Plan - Final (Melissa Baker) Cover Sheet
- 1:15 p.m. AIS Task Force Update – Informational (Randy Arnold)
- 1:35 p.m. Biennial Smith River Rule – Final (Melissa Baker) Cover Sheet
- 1:55 p.m. Adjourn
- Note: The Board may take action on all matters specifically noticed on this agenda. Times may vary as much as one hour – earlier or later.
- The Department ensures its meetings are fully accessible to persons with disabilities. If special accommodations are needed, contact the Parks Division at (406) 444-3750.
- Patrick Doyle
- Marketing and Communications Manager
- Montana State Parks
- (406) 444-3818
- (406) 422-9809 c
About the Board
The Montana State Parks & Recreation Board is a citizen-led board appointed by the governor that consists of five members, one member from each district in the state. Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks’ Director, Martha Williams, serves as secretary to the board.
To find out more about the board, see the Montana State Parks & Recreation Board information sheet (200 KB)
District 1 (Northwest)
Diane Conradi, Whitefish
- (406) 863-9681
Conradi is a partner at Conradi Anderson PLLC, a law firm representing businesses, individuals, and specializing in conservation real estate issues. She co-founded the Whitefish Legacy Partners, an organization focused on community vision for conservation, recreation and education.
Jeff Welch, Livingston
- (406) 586-2280
Welch is the president and founder of Mercury CSC in Bozeman. He is an avid angler with a deep interest in the outdoors and recreation.
Mary Sexton, Choteau (Vice Chair)
- (406) 590-2751
Sexton is a former Teton County Commissioner and former Director of the Department of Natural Resources and Conservation. She has a longstanding interest in land management and tourism.
Doug Smith, Dagmar
- (406) 765-3411 w
- (406) 483-5431
Smith is a local government planner with Sheridan and Daniels Counties. He is on the board of the Great Northern Development Corporation and the Sheridan County Museum Board.
Tom Towe, Billings (Chairman)
- (406) 248-7337
Towe is an attorney in Billings and a former state legislator. He has held a long term commitment to preserving Montana history and improving our parks. He is a founding member of ‘Our Montana’ an organization focused on conserving and protecting scenic, archaeological, historic and natural resources.