Montana State Parks & Recreation Strategic Plan 2015-2020
Charting a New Tomorrow
Montana State Parks' strategic plan, Charting a New Tomorrow, serves as the guiding framework for management of the park system through 2020. The plan identifies key metrics and opportunities to advance new approaches for enhancing Montana’s state parks and programs.
The plan is a result of extensive internal and external input. FWP staff, Montana State Parks & Recreation Board members, state legislators, agency partners, user groups, and other stakeholders provided key input through surveys, community listening sessions, and public review. From this, we refined the goals and developed specific actions to set our direction and measure our success.
Key assessments of the strategic planning process include:
- Clarifying mandates, mission and core values of Montana State Parks
- Assessing strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats for the park system and programs
- Identifying strategies to improve funding, advocacy, and resources
- Engaging the public to understand their needs, expectations, priorities and values for the state park system.
The opportunity to submit public comment on the draft 2015-2020 plan was open from October 20 through November 19, 2014.
- Public Comment Summary ( 135 KB)
2021-2025 Strategic Plan
Montana State Parks staff are beginning the 2021-2025 strategic planning effort. Stay tuned for more information and how you can provide input.
Montana State Parks & Recreation Planner
P.O. Box 200701
Helena, MT 59620-0701