The following is helpful information to know when making camping reservations.
- Campsites are reservable from the third Friday in May through the third Sunday in September.
- Reservations for individual campsites may be made up to 9 months in advance, but no later than 2 calendar days prior to your arrival date, beginning at 8 AM (MST). Reservations for group campsites and facilities may be made up to 9 months in advance, but no later than 2 calendar days prior to your arrival date, beginning at 8 AM (MST).
- Campers may stay no longer than 14 days (13 nights) in any thirty day period. Saving campsites is prohibited.
- Check-in time is 2 PM for campsites and 3 PM for facilities (local park time).
- Check-out time is 1 PM for campsites and 12 PM for facilities (local park time). Late checkouts may incur additional fees unless prior arrangements have been made with park staff.
- Quiet Hours are 10 PM through 7 AM. Camping is permitted only in designated areas. Please be considerate of fellow campers and arrive early (prior to 10 PM) to set up your campsite. The noise created from setting up is often disturbing to other campers. If this is not possible, please be respectful and keep noise to a minimum. Your consideration is appreciated!
- Campfires are allowed in designated areas only!
- All pets must be kept on a leash and not be left unattended. Campers are responsible to clean up after their pet. Not all facilities allow pets.
- Vehicles for campground visitors and park day-users are to be located outside the campground.
The maximum capacity at each individually signed or numbered campsite is eight (8) people. This typically involves a single camping unit, which includes, but not limited to, a tent, motor home, camping bus, truck mounted camper shell, pull-type camper, or other device designed and commonly used for sleeping. In the event the site is designated as a “Double Site”, the site capacity for that site is doubled to allow for sixteen (16) people and two camping units.
- The $10 (Individual) or $25 (Group) or facility reservation fee, for each site reserved, is non-refundable, non-transferable.
- Non-Residents without a Montana Non-Resident Entrance Pass will be assessed a $6 per-vehicle daily entrance fee for access to Montana State Parks. Non-Resident campers with a Montana Non-Resident Entrance Pass are not required to pay the $6 per vehicle daily entrance fee (daily entrance fees are waived for days camped). The Non-Resident Entrance Pass also provides a discount on camping fees.
Discounted Rates for Montana Resident Seniors and Individuals with a Disability
Rates below are the nightly rate after discount. Proof of eligibility required at check-in.
- Campsite: $9.00
- Campsite with electricity: $15
- Hike-in/Bike-in: $5.00
Reservations may be modified up to two days prior to arrival by calling 1 (855) 922-6768. Reservations requiring modification two days or less prior to day of arrival or later must be completed by contacting the destination park or by calling (855) 514-2429.
Customers may extend stays without incurring a modification fee. All other modifications will incur a $10 service fee.
Important Note: A change in reservation dates where no dates of stay involved in the original reservation are the same as the dates of stay for the resulting reservation, will require a cancellation of the original reservation and the booking of a new reservation with all applicable service fees.
Cancellation/No Show Policy
- Campsite cancellations received prior to scheduled check-in time will incur a $10 cancellation fee.
- Facility Cancellations (Cabins, Yurts, and Tipis) received prior to scheduled check-in time will incur a cancellation fee of the first night's use fee.
- Campsite Cancellations received after scheduled check-in time will incur a $10 cancellation fee plus the first night and usage fees for any additional expired nights of the reservation.
- A reservation turns into “no-show” status at check in time on the day after the scheduled arrival date unless alternate arrangements have been made with the park. All fees are forfeited when a reservation turns to “no-show” status.
- Cancellations received for facilities including Cabins, Yurts and Tipis will incur a cancellation fee equal to the first night's use fee.
- Facility Cancellations (Cabins, Yurts, and Teepees) received after scheduled check-in time will incur a cancellation fee of the first night's use fee as well as the usage fees for any additional expired nights of the reservation.
- Reservations may be cancelled up to date of arrival by calling 1 (855) 922-6768 or at campmt.com
- Please contact your destination park or (855) 514-2429 when cancelling after your scheduled date of arrival.
Call Center Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday: 8 AM – 7 PM (MST)
Saturday – Sunday: 9 AM – 5 PM (MST)
Refunds will be processed using the original method of payment whenever possible. If paid by credit card, the original account will be credited electronically. If paid by cash, check or money order, limited refunds may be provided in cash at the park, or the refund may be provided by check (via mail) from Montana State Parks, or a system voucher may be generated for use in a future stay.