Montana State Parks & Recreation Board to Hold Meeting at First Peoples Buffalo Jump State Park - Tuesday, October 24, 2017
(Helena, MT) – Montana State Parks & Recreation Board will meet Tuesday, October 24th at First Peoples Buffalo Jump State Park located at 342 Ulm-Vaughn Road in Ulm, MT. This meeting was originally planned for August but was rescheduled.
In late August, Governor Bullock announced four new appointments to the Parks Board. This meeting will familiarize the new members with Montana State Parks, its programs, and the Board’s role in relation to Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks.
“I’m looking forward to engaging with the new Parks Board,” said Angie Grove, Montana State Parks & Recreation Board Chair, “and excited to be involved with the future of Montana State Parks, the strategic plan, and the Parks in Focus Initiative.”
The 5-member citizen board is comprised of:
• District 1 (NW): Angie Grove (Chair), Helena. Grove has 28 years with the Montana Legislative Audit Division, working specifically with the State Parks Division.
• District 2 (SW): Jeff Welch, Livingston. Welch is the Executive Creative Director at MERCURYcsc.
• District 3 (North-Central): Mary Sheehy Moe, Great Falls. Sheehy Moe had a distinctive career in education, most recently serving as the Deputy Commissioner for Two-Year Education for the Montana University System, and served as a State Legislator.
• District 4 (NE): Betty Stone, Glasgow. Stone has been the manager at the Cottonwood Inn for 28 years and a co-owner since 2004, she also serves as past chair and director of the Two Rivers Growth and development, director of Missouri River Country and is on the Montana Lodging and Hospitality Association Board.
• District 5 (SE): Scott Brown, Billings. Brown is the owner of The Base Camp in Helena and Billings and is an avid outdoorsman.
The agenda for the October 24th meeting is being finalized and will be available at: http://stateparks.mt.gov/.