Land & Water Conservation Fund
Land & Water Conservation Fund matching grants help local communities provide open spaces and healthy recreation places for Montana families.
Welcome to the Land & Water Conservation Fund Program, administered by Montana State Parks. This federal grants program was established by the Land & Water Conservation Fund Act of 1965 and encourages a full partnership between national, state and local governments in planning and funding outdoor recreation projects.
Examples of eligible projects include: ball fields, open space acquisitions, public parks, outdoor swimming pools, playgrounds, picnic facilities, walking trails and more.
When to Apply
The next LWCF grant application period will open in the fall of 2015. LWCF grants are solicited every two years.
- Fact Sheet For Potential Grant Applicants ( 46 KB)
- Federal Matching & Supplemental Programs ( 46 KB)
- Program Requirements ( 41 KB)
- LWCF Frequently Asked Questions ( 45 KB)
- LWCF and Schools ( 37 KB)
- LWCF Sites by County ( 70 KB)
- Nondiscrimination Policy ( 38 KB)
Application Forms and Guides
- Grant Application ( 220 KB | 810 KB)
- Environmental Analysis ( 155 KB)
- Recreation Survey Manual ( 138 KB | 316 KB)
- Resolution Authorizing Application ( 14 KB | 24 KB)
- Interlocal Agreement ( 15 KB)
- Open Project Selection Process ( 89 KB)