Land & Water Conservation Fund
Land & Water Conservation Fund matching grants help local communities provide open spaces and healthy recreation places for Montana families.
Welcome to the Land & Water Conservation Fund Program, administered by Montana State Parks. This federal grants program was established by the Land & Water Conservation Fund Act of 1965 and encourages a full partnership between national, state and local governments in planning and funding outdoor recreation projects.
Examples of eligible projects include: ball fields, open space acquisitions, public parks, outdoor swimming pools, playgrounds, picnic facilities, walking trails and more.
This year's deadline for LWCF grant applications will be February 7, 2014.
- Fact Sheet For Potential Grant Applicants ( 46 KB)
- Federal Matching & Supplemental Programs ( 46 KB)
- Program Requirements ( 41 KB)
- LWCF Frequently Asked Questions ( 45 KB)
- LWCF and Schools ( 37 KB)
- LWCF Sites by County ( 70 KB)
- Nondiscrimination Policy ( 38 KB)
Application Forms and Guides
- Grant Application ( 220 KB | 810 KB)
- Environmental Analysis ( 155 KB)
- Recreation Survey Manual ( 138 KB | 316 KB)
- Resolution Authorizing Application ( 14 KB | 24 KB)
- Interlocal Agreement ( 15 KB)
- Open Project Selection Process ( 89 KB)