Off-Highway Vehicle Program
The Off-Highway Vehicle Grant Program provides project funding with the goal of enhancing and maintaining OHV recreational opportunities for the benefit of OHV enthusiasts in Montana.
The OHV Program provides grant funding for safety, ethics and education, resource maintenance, protection and improvement projects.
Montana State Parks administers the OHV grant program with funds appropriated by the State Legislature, and is assisted in grant allocation by the Off-Highway Vehicle Advisory Committee (OHVAC). The OHVAC is comprised of citizens throughout Montana who have a vested interest in managing OHV opportunities as a valuable resource. Both user groups and land management agencies are represented on the OHVAC. This diverse group influences the equitable distribution of grant funding to valuable projects throughout the state.
The Off-Highway Vehicle Advisory Committee (OHVAC) will meet
June 6th at 1:00 pm at the Wingate, Helena MT.
to review the 2018 OHV grant applications.
Current OHV Grant Application Cycle – CLOSED
The OHV grant program is not accepting applications at this time. The deadline to apply was February 28, 2019. The next grant cycle begins November 2019.
Current OHV Grant Application Cycle – Opens December 3, 2018
The OHV grant program will be accepting applications from December 3, 2018 through February 28, 2019 at 5pm.
2019 Grant Proposals
- 2019 OHV Grant Applicants ( 150 KB)
2018 Grant Awards
- 2018 OHV Grant Award Recipients ( 650 KB)
- Safety & ethics projects such as a local club or friend group providing safety & educational training in local schools,
- Providing safety & training materials to the recreating public (brochures, film/video production, posters, signage, educational outreach),
- Trail Steward positions,
- OHV trail improvement projects (trail reroute, bridge crossing, etc.),
- Construction/installation of informational kiosks and other trail signage,
- Noxious weed eradication efforts,
- Or other safety, educational, resource maintenance, protection or improvement projects.
- 2017 OHV Grant Awards ( 182 KB)
- 2017 OHV Grant Applications ( 182 KB)
Application Forms & Guidelines
How to Apply
All applicants must register as a user and submit their grant applications online at Montana WebGrants.
- See WebGrants Registration Instructions ( 193 KB) for details.
Application Deadline: Thursday, February 1, 2018 at 5pm
Last Year's Grant Recipients
- USFS - Beaverhead-Deerlodge NF; Butte Ranger District: Trail Steward - $13,000.00
- Bureau of Land Management - Butte Field Office: Trail Steward - $13,000.00
- USFS - Custer Gallatin NF; Bozeman Ranger District: Trail Steward - $12,000.00
- USFS - Custer Gallatin NF; Hebgen Lake Ranger District: Trail Maintenance - $12,000.00
- USFS - Bitterroot NF; Darby Ranger District: Trail Steward & Education - $12,000.00
- USFS - Gallatin NF; Yellowstone Ranger District: Sign Project - $3,000.00
- Great Falls Trail Bike Riders Association (GFTBRA): Trail Maintenance Tools - Various Locations - $2,797.52
- Montana Trail Vehicle Riders Association (MTVRA): OHV Program Educational PSA - $15,000.00
Last Year's Recipients
- 2018 OHV Grant Awards ( 182 KB)
Interim OHV Program Manager