Montana Snowmobile Program
Snowmobiling is one of the most exciting ways to experience the great outdoors! The Montana Snowmobile Program provides grant funding to support snowmobile trail grooming and education so enthusiasts can ride safely in Montana.
Welcome to the Montana Snowmobile Program, administered by Montana State Parks.
This state grant program supports snowmobile trail grooming, the purchase and repair of grooming-related equipment, safety education, public outreach, and law enforcement.
This grant funding is available to: snowmobiling clubs, organizations and public land-managing agencies.
The Snowmobile Program Advisory Committee meets each year to make recommendations on the use of all snowmobile grant funds.
This year's grant application deadline has passed. It was May 23, 2014. The next funding cycle will be February – May 2015.
- Snowmobile Program Fact Sheet ( 40.51 KB
- Proposed 2014-2015 Snowmobile Club Grooming Fund Allocations ( 55 KB)
The Montana snowmobile program has moved to an online grant application process. All grant applicants must register as a user and submit their grant applications online at fundingmt.org. Paper grant applications are no longer available.
Grooming Log Forms
- Volunteer Instructions ( 86 KB)
- Volunteer Agreements ( 190 KB) | ( 35 KB)
- Volunteer Log ( 261 KB)
- Volunteer Participant List ( 34 KB)
Trail Inspection Forms
- Snowmobile Accident Report Forms ( 262 KB)
- Accident Guide ( 185 KB)
- Report of Incident ( 106 KB) | ( 530 KB)